Board of Zoning Appeals members are expected to:
- Attend all meetings, including bimonthly, pre-scheduled meetings, special meetings, and joint meetings.
- Spend at least a few hours before their scheduled meeting reviewing the agenda, staff report, and all relevant documents.
- Attend at least two hours of training per year.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and must be City residents qualified by experience and/or training in matters related to construction, land use planning, and/or zoning. The Community and Economic Development Director serves as staff liaison through virtue of office. Preferred qualifications/areas of expertise include:
- Building construction/engineering
- Land use planning
- Real estate/development law