Summer Day Camp Director
Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation Department, Incubizo, 1938 Burdette St., Ferndale MI 48220
$18.00 Per hour
EXEMPT / NON-EXEMPT:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Ferndale Parks and Recreation Department is currently seeking a positive, dynamic individual to lead its state-licensed Summer Day Camp program as its Camp Director. The Camp Director is responsible for all aspects of the camp program, which include leading camp counseling staff members, organizing and implementing games and activities, ensuring camper health and wellness, coordinating communications with parents, and leading campers through group games, crafts, water play, interactive exhibitions, special events, and field trips.
Works under the direct supervision of the Recreation Manager, who reports to the Parks and Recreation Director
Will be responsible for supervision over a staff of 4-6 camp counselors.
• Must be 21 years of age or older as per state licensing requirements
• Valid state drivers' license or state-issued ID
• Valid CPR and First Aid certification (training available to meet requirement)
• Have a minimum of 8 weeks of cumulative fulltime experience working with a population similar to that which the camp serves
• Have a minimum of 4 weeks of fulltime administrative experience in an organized camp or similar program