310 E. Nine Mile Ferndale MI 48220
$55,612 - $74,950, Lateral Pay Available. Start rates for Officers while in the academy are $45,900, and $49,980 when in the FTO program. $3,000.00 signing bonus available
EXEMPT / NON-EXEMPT:
Seeking Police Officers!
The City of Ferndale Police Department is looking for the best-of-the-best Police Officer—not just anyone, but the right one. Do you believe in community-focused policing, proactive detective and investigative work, and a true team atmosphere? If so, you may be our person. Competitive pay, health benefits, and a robust retirement package are just a few of the benefits of working for our great city.
- Valid operator's license
- Minimum two years of college credit (60 credits), or four years of active military duty with an honorable discharge, or 1 year of sworn law enforcement experience
- In excellent health; eyes corrected to 20/20
- Passed the MCOLES reading and physical tests
- Reasonable knowledge of State and Local Laws and ordinances
- Reasonable knowledge of the geography, streets, and important locations in Ferndale
- Reasonable knowledge of modern police practices and procedures
- Reasonable knowledge of traffic rules and regulations
- Skill or ability to attain skill in the use of firearms
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to prepare accurate, written records and reports
- Mental alertness and good powers of observation
- Good physical condition, strength and agility
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and the public
For more information, check out the job brochure. Please follow the link to apply.