Members are appointed by the Mayor. Members must be City residents qualified by experience and/or training in matters related to land use planning. Members shall hold no other municipal office (except one member may be on the Zoning Board of Appeals). The Planning Manager serves as staff liaison through virtue of office. Council Member Greg Pawlica serves as Council liaison.
Planning Commissioners are expected to:
- Attend all meetings, including bimonthly, pre-scheduled meetings, special meetings, and joint meetings.
- Spend at least a few hours before their scheduled meeting reviewing the agenda, staff report, and all relevant documents.
- Attend at least four hours of training per year.
Preferred qualifications/areas of expertise include:
- Building construction
- Civil engineering
- Facilities management
- Historic preservation
- Land use planning
- Landscape architecture
- Property maintenance/management
- Real estate/development/law