The State of Michigan allows for absentee voting in all elections. To obtain an absentee ballot application, call the City Clerk’s Office at 248-546-2525, option 1 on the auto attendant, or complete our online application form and return it to the City Clerk by mail or use our convenient drop box outside City Hall.
Applications can be mailed or delivered to the City Clerk's Office at 300 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI 48220. New regulations mandate that voters applying in person for an absentee ballot must provide photo identification to be issued a ballot. Voters who do not provide ID must complete an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification. The process for absentee voting by mail has not changed.
Registered voters may obtain an absentee ballot if they meet any of the following requirements:
- Are age 60 or older
- Are unable to vote in the polls without assistance
- Will be out of town on election day
- Are working as an election inspector/chair
- Are unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
- Are in jail awaiting arraignment or trial