The City Council Goals provide direction in determining how limited financial and staff resources are allocated. Staff prepares implementation plans and outcomes for each City Council Goal Action. The City Manager's Office is in the process of developing six month progress reports to help track staff successes and opportunities.
Advantages of Goal Setting
- A better understanding by citizens and staff of the City Council’s vision for the City
- More priority projects have been completed successfully
- Staff is more focused and effective in addressing City Council priorities
- Staff is more accountable to the City Council for achieving City Council Goals
- City Council and staff are less inclined to be side-tracked by less important activities or projects
- Formally adopted City Council Goals provide staff official direction to plan and organize resources to ensure their completion